How you can get involved in Bethany!
We are totally reliant on the generous support of companies, churches and individuals for our operating costs as well as our other needs.
Regular financial donations, no matter how small, enable us to plan for the future.
To donate, our banking details are:
Account name: Bethany
Branch: 257 705
Account number: 503 900 263 07
Reference: Your name/ donation
For more information, please contact Bridget Edwards, Bethany's Manager (contact details below)
We would also be grateful for
any donation of -
- food for adults, kids and babies;
- clothing for adults, kids and babies;
- baby nappies, wetwipes or anything which may help with a newborn;
- crockery and cutlery;
- cleaning products;
- stationery and other
educational supplies for kids; and
- gardening goodies (seeds, pots, fertiliser and gardening tools).
Please give us a call to arrange a drop-off. We are situated in the Bertrams area, Johannesburg.
Help find the Bethany women employment
This is the life blood of our organisation - enabling women to be independent and self sufficient in society.
As a company or an individual, we would be most grateful for assistance in any of the following -
- placing any of the Bethany women within your organisation;
- helping with CVs and interview preparation;
- providing motivational talks on budgeting, hygiene, first aid, life skills, parenting and HIV;
- career counselling and development; or
- training in different skill-sets, including jewellery-making, craft-making, child minding, nursing, hospitality, cleaning, reception work or waitressing.
You can also get involved by volunteering your time.
You can help in any one of the following ways -
- any professional services, such as legal or medical assistance;
- tutoring the kids at Bethany;
- helping with handy man work; or
- renovating/fixing up our home.
Please contact Bridget Edwards, Bethany's Manager, beforehand to
discuss what you can do.
We believe that in order for voluntary work to be meaningful and have a sustainable impact, it must be specific and consistent.