What Bethany provides
We believe that the key to Bethany's success is a holistic rehabilitation.
That is why we not only provide a safe haven but also provide psychological and
physical rehabilitation and support, and moreover, strive to empower each woman to become self-supporting and economically independent.
Have a look at a video made by one of our funders,
the Anglo American's Chairman's Fund, in 2013 of the work we do here.
Below is a list of some of the things we provide at Bethany -
- accommodation and food;
- a safe and loving environment;
- counselling for the women and their children;
- referrals for medical attention;
- legal assistance from highly qualified volunteers;
- assistance in obtaining identity documents and other documents;
- occupational therapy in the form of craft participation;
- career counselling;
- training in various vocations/skill-sets;
- basic skills training, such as computer training;
- assistance in finding the Bethany women employment; and
- assistance in placing the Bethany kids into pre-schools and schools.
The Bethany women making their beautiful crafts